Friday, April 17, 2009

Vacation Blues?

If you can hardly wait for spring break or summer vacation to be over because YOU can’t stand being with your own kids….who WILL be able to stand being with your children now, as they become teenagers and when they are adults? What kind of friends will they attract in high school, or what kind of person will WANT to marry them?
The key is to create an environment within your home where there is peace and where you all WANT to be. A place where no one person is overbearing and controlling but that the members of your household learn to respect each other and find ways to get along. Is my house ALWAYS peaceful? NO! Are there days when siblings just don’t want to live with each other any more? YES! But more days than not, they find ways to get along. Some days there are arguments, other days they are playing cards and board-games or going to movies together. Some days there is crying , but lots of days there is laughter. My house is the house that my kids friends like to come to. Not because it is perfect by any means, but because we love one another and try to look out for the best interest of each other. And we like to have fun.
Yes, my children are older now, but I remember the younger days when I had 5 children from teens to toddlers running around the house. Believe me, 5 kids make lots of noise no matter the age ( EVEN NOW!). But I loved having my kids home then and I love having my kids home now. Am I SUPER MOM? NO!! I am just working hard at helping my family respect each other – even if there are days they don’t like each other and to love each other through thick and thin. Blood IS thicker than water, and if you don’t feel like your family loves you and has your back, you can become a very lost soul.
Be the PARENT! Take back your home, make it a place of co-operation and respect. Bring back the fun and peace. GET THE RESULTS!! ENJOY your children ( they won’t live with you fore
ver)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - and post any questions here.